Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekly Money Check-up - Mar 7

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on gas. Well, maybe not, but it sure felt like it. $1.20/L is not fun. But at least my car is pretty good on gas, and I will soon have a 10 min commute instead of 30-40 min.

2. Today I feel excited towards money. I filed our taxes yesterday, and am excited about our refund.

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was making a foam block fort with Mikey. I saw the idea on Royal Baloo, and had to try. Our blocks were a little flimsy, and didn't fit smoothly into a cube, and the house was quickly torn down, but it was fun. I will post pictures later this week.

4. I will consider this week a success if we start getting organized and start packing. I have a bunch of boxes, so there is nothing holding us back.

5. My guilty pleasure TV show is The L Word. It's the reason we still have Netflix now that we have cable back. Such a drama filled soap opera. I watch an episode or two a week.

Weekly Money Check-Up is a fill-in-the blank post once a week. The first four questions are always the same each week and the fifth is always different. Care to participate? Visit My Pretty Pennies to join.

1 comment:

  1. The price of gas is getting out of hand when the economy still stinks.

    ReplyDelete