Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Building a fort

As promised, I have pictures of the fort Mikey and I built on the weekend. Or more correctly, the fort I built that Mikey destroyed. It took me a while to build, and seconds to destroy. But it was still fun.
I originally saw the idea on Royal Baloo, and thought it looked cute. And like something I could actually do.

Our foam blocks did not fit together very well as a cube. They don't quite line up on the top. And as you can see on the left side, are not very rigid. They need a corner to stand upright.

I think if I were to make it again (which I probably will) I'd make it one row wider, and not put a top on, with the door in the middle. I think it would be stronger that way. Not that it would last any longer though.

1 comment: