Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Free books

I am totally about free books.

I am absolutely in LOVE with NetGalley, where you can get review copies of upcoming books in ebook copy. And there is always the Kindle store that always has free copies going on. And Smashwords, where authors self-publish always has someone giving away free books in return for publicity.

The lastest find straight from an author is The End of Marking Time by CJ West. He's offering it free in ebook copy from his website. All you need to do is send him an email. Very great way to get readers! He also has two other books that he is currently running contests on. One involves deciphering a hidden message in the book that has gone unsolved for 6 years so far! How is that for a reader challenge.

I am also a huge fan of book giveaways. I love entering them, and have had pretty good luck the last few months. I have won a few books. Now if all my library requests would stop coming in, I could read them.


Speaking of library requests, there is the best source for free books! I love our local library. I think the best feature is the online catalogue that lets you places holds, and be notified of when they are ready. I actually spend very little time in the library itself, mostly just run in and run out.

Where do you get your books from? Do you still spend all your hard earned dollars, or have you have great ways to feed your book love for free?

No comments:

Post a Comment