Sunday, March 20, 2011

Move complete

Our move is complete! It has been a long 3 days, but it is done. Not only is everything in the new place, we are about 90% unpacked. All that is left are a few office area boxes, and the playroom.

Our new place is very nice. It is a townhouse with 3 bedrooms. The dining room has a bright little nook in the dining area. It is very bright and sunny, perfect for the kitchen. The living room is cozy, smaller than we had in the apartment, but still nice. We gave Mikey the tiny bedroom (only space for this bed, rocking chair, with his dresser in the closet), took the small bedroom for ourselves (only space for our bed and dressers) and made the big bedroom the playroom. This way there is more play space, and the living won't always look like a toy bomb went off. We are using the basement just for laundry and storage for now. It is unfinished, and not really suitable for anything else. But it is nice to have so much storage!

The best part of the new place? My 10 min commute to work. Way better than 20-60 minutes. I will so enjoy that, especially with the price of gas. And there is a big Walmart and big Canadian Tire a block away. Very convenient.

Mikey seems to be liking the house so far. He has gone up and down the stairs a hundred times or more. We did buy a baby gate for the top of the stairs since Mikey still gets up some nights. I don't want him to fall down them while wandering.

The move did have one big dark spot. Today, Mikey was playing quietly while I was doing some unpacking. Very quietly for 20 minutes or so. When I went to check on him, I found why. He drew all over my couch in pen. Not cool. I did not know there was a pen where he could reach. And these were the clean cushions on the couch downstairs. I had already "hidden" the pen covered cushions on the love seat in the playroom. So now all my cushions have pen drawings on them. Oh the price of having kids...

2 comments:

  1. Little Darlin's. So glad you're all moved. We are dreading it since we have no help. Too old and too crippled to be moving. Going to call for some prices on local movers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the positives!!!
    Sad for the couch... =(

    Happy settling in. ;-)

    ReplyDelete