This morning I decided to treat myself to a Starbucks hot chocolate. I am loving the milk and cocoa version, as oppose to my old favourite of water and milk chocolate versions a la Tim Hortons. Of course, my treat comes via a gift card from Christine at The happily ever after as a win in the In Death reading challenge. (Thanks Christine!)
I was totally impressed with the service at my local Starbucks. I have never been through a more polite drive thru.
I wasn't greeted with "Can I take your order?", it was "Good morning. How are you?" After my response, she asked "What can I get for you today?"
After I ordered, she gave me my total and told me to "please come on up", not the usual "drive up", or "first/second window please".
When I gave her my printout for my e-card, she had to check with a few other people, since only one of them had seen this type of gift card before. But she was polite, and quick. And someone else mentioned that "someone must love you to treat you". Yes, someone does.
All I can say is thank you Starbucks for starting my morning so pleasantly. It makes up for having to pay almost $4 for a hot chocolate.
No comments:
Post a Comment