The countdown is on hard core now. And the packing needs to get started.
We picked up our keys Monday evening, and I took Mike for a tour for the first time. That's right, he hadn't seen the place yet. His reaction? "It's small." "It will be hard to move into." (Both comments were moderated by me to remove certain words.)
Needless to say, his reaction was not what I wanted to hear, and left me very guilty since I'm the one who picked the place. I made sure to let me know this, and he assured me that he will probably like it once we are in. It's just getting in will be unpleasant.
The parking lot is small and there isn't really room for a moving truck or trailer. We are an end unit in a wing that is not facing the parking lot. It is accessible via a sidewalk between our wing and the one perpendicular to it. No problem, except there are communication boxes right beside it that have leaned over and partially block the sidewalk. So everything will need to be lifted chest high over them, while climbing the muddy slope on the other side of the boxes. Not ideal. And since our unit is on the back of the wing and is reached through a small hallway, they will be bringing everthing around the building to come in our patio door. Through the mud and snow.
Do I need to mention that it is pouring rain today, so unless it is sunny and clear for the next two days, everything will be a giant mud pit? Lovely.
But it's only one day's work. Then we are in, and can start loving it. I can't wait.
Giveaway reminders:
* My giveaway for an adorable children's bowtie is open until Sunday evening, March 20. Enter on the giveaway post. Open to US/Can.
* The Lucky Leprechaun Hop starts at midnight tonight and goes until Sunday evening. I am hosting my giveaway on my book blog, and have several prizes. Open internationally.
Good luck in your move. It rained everytime we moved until this last one. Let's see what the weather brings in 2 weeks. Good luck to us both!
ReplyDeleteIck. Hope it all goes smoothly!
ReplyDeleteWe moved the day after a 12-inch snowstorm in December. I'd take mud any day! Moving is never fun - just get through the day and then start loving it!
ReplyDelete