Mikey seems to be settling in and really enjoying our new place. He loves going up and down the stairs. He seems to go down in three different ways. One is walking while holding someone's hand (usually Daddy), the second is going down on his bum (usually with me because I will sit and go down with him) and the third is going down on his stomach feet first (by himself). The last way he can fly down really fast. I know he learned this from his cousin, and when they are together, they have races.
Earlier this week we went to the dollar store and picked up a few wall sticker sheets for his room. They are adorable, and he really seems to like them. There were 4 kits:
- race car which is above the head of his bed, and doesn't match anything else, but Daddy insisted on it.
- cartoon-y animals. He LOVES these, and points at each one and makes the noise or says the name (bear, lion, elephant). They come out as grr, grr, elly.
- cartoon-y humanized bunnies with a ball, balloons and dots. He loves to point out the ball (ba-ba) and balloons (ba-ba-ba).
- giraffe scene. There were two tall giraffes with cactuses, and I put the small giraffe from the cartoon set with a few branches all along one wall. I love this little family scene.
I also want to get a glow-in-the dark star kit to put higher up on the wall above the giraffes. I think it would be cute.
Mikey has also decided that when he drinks his milk, he needs to cuddle on my lap in his rocking chair, in his room. Which is a bit inconvenient, but very cute. And I love the cuddle time. He is really big into hugs and kisses still. He also plays with Daddy about it. If Daddy asks for a kiss, Mikey comes and gives me 10-15 kisses, while ignoring Daddy. Who makes a big deal of it, and tries to get Mikey's attention. It's a hugely popular game right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment