Monday, December 20, 2010

Money check-up Dec 20

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on eating out. We have done a lot of that lately. But we intend to try a once-a-month cooking routine based on a book I picked up for $5 at Canadian Tire. The recipes look yummy, and a 2 week cycle should generate about 22 dinners (with lunch leftovers) for us.

2. Today I feel blah towards money. I got my annual bonus, and was underwhelmed. But I learned that I should be getting a raise starting in January, and I am excited about that. But then I see my credit card bill, and am back to blah.

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was creating a free game for my son. I can't remember whose blog I saw it on, but the idea is to create a memory/colour matching game using paint chips. The Disney line at Home Dept has the paint colours in a Mickey Mouse head shape, and they are the perfect size for little hands. My son doesn't really get the whole matching part, but he is really enjoying spreading them out and stacking them up. And if they only last a week or so, it doesn't matter because they were free.

4. I will consider this week a success if I survive through Christmas.

5. My favorite holiday movie is nothing. I am not a fan of holiday movies.
Weekly Money Check-Up is a fill-in-the blank post once a week. The first four questions are always the same each week and the fifth is always different. Care to participate? Check out this week's post over at My Pretty Pennies for the linky tool.

4 comments:

  1. Good post. Sorry your bonus wasn't what you hoped for but I guess it just reflects cutting back everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fabulous book you picked up!! That would be so nice not to have to worry about meals, that was my biggest spending too eating out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for the record, finally found the blog post I used to create the matching game:
    http://babybrainstorm.blogspot.com/2010/11/homemade-matching-games-2-versions.html

    @Barb: I was happy to get something at least. Still haven't decided what to use it for though.

    @Namine: I am super excited about the book. I plan to make the meals on Monday or Tuesday. Or maybe Friday, if I get my act together and go shopping tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking back. And I'm so glad your son enjoys playing with them!

    ReplyDelete