Last night was my son's first sleepover away. He is 19 months, and spent the night at my sister's with his two cousins. My company Christmas party was last night, and we figured it would be a treat for all of us if he slept over.
He had a blast! Never cried once. Went to bed super easy. Slept until 6:30 am, with only one wake-up that only required a hug, then back to sleep. He had so much fun playing, that when I got there at 11 this morning to pick him up, he called out "hi" and just kept playing. No hug or kisses or nothing. And then got very upset when we had to leave. Glad to know he is okay with staying elsewhere. And that he is super well behaved. Why is it that kids are always better at other people's houses?
It was a treat for me too. I got to have a few drinks at the party. And then slept in until 9:30! With no wake ups over night. Haven't had that in forever it seems. I didn't stress at all about my son being away. I think my husband had a few moments, but it was all good.
Now to try to convince my sister to make it happen more often... lol
Hahaha..I so remember that. Mine was a lot younger and I kept calling. Finally his godmother said...relax and stop calling! So glad you got a good nights sleep too. You deserved that bigtime!
ReplyDelete