In my never-ending quest for assistance in getting my son to eat, I checked out Baby love: healthy, easy, delicious meals for your baby and toddler by Norah O'Donnell and Geoff Tracy. This book seems more geared to babies just beginning to eat.
It is a compilation of very easy to make baby food. Most of the recipes have only one or two ingredients. Basically, you cook and pureed each type of fruit or vegetable, then freeze into individual portions using an ice cube tray. Very simple, even for very busy parents.
This would be a good book to use as an introduction to making your own baby food.
I used to have a great book for baby and toddler food when my girls were young back in the mid 90s. (ugh! that makes me feel old. LOL). I used to lend it out to all my friends and finally gave it to my best friend when she had her babies. Here it is on amazon: Mommy Made and Daddy Too. I LOVED this cookbook... but now there are so many new ones on the market, they're all probably very good.
ReplyDeleteGosh, now I kinda want this book back on my shelf...
That books sounds good. Just checked, and my library doesn't carry it. So sad.
ReplyDelete