Thursday, December 30, 2010

Car accident

I had a fender-bender last night on my way home from work. No one was injured, which is really good.

I rear-ended another car on the highway when she stopped faster than I did. There didn't appear to be too much damage: her bumper is cracked and my lights were popped out slightly. We called the cops, filed an accident report, and went home. The cop was really nice and pleasant. He didn't charge me with anything, which I am really happy about.

First thing this morning I called my insurance company to start my claim. I took my car in to the repair shop at lunch, and they decided I shouldn't be driving it. So I have a rental car until mine is fixed. Courtesy of my insurance. I highly recommend having rental coverage!

I will be called tomorrow once the repair estimate is done, and the insurance company confirms they will repair it. As opposed to writing it off because the repair costs more than the car. The mechanic seemed to think it would be repaired, but it is impossible to tell until they get it up and start inspecting it thoroughly.

Either way, I am driving a new car until the situation is resolved. Not the best thing to happen this week, but it definitely could have been worse.

3 comments:

  1. Sure could have been worse. Glad you're ok and still have transpotation. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness everyone is okay and it sounds like it's only surface damage to your car, although not cheap, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're okay. What a headache though...

    I'm following you from "Follow Me I'm Canadian"

    ReplyDelete