Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Book review: Break no bones

My lastest audio book in the car was Break No Bones by Kathy Reichs. The main character was the inspiration for the Fox tv show Bones. I love the show, so I was prepared to love the books.

I hate the book. The only thing it has in common with the show is the character name and field of occupation.

The book has a lot of extraneous, rambling information that contributes nothing to the story. It starts out very slow, and doesn't get into the story very quickly. I listened to several chapters while trying to decide if I was going to bother listening to the rest.

I did listen to the whole story. It did have a bit of a twist at the end, but most of it was predictable and boring. It could have been cut in half, and the story would probably have improved.

If you are a fan of the show, I would suggest you avoid the books completely. They are very disappointing and have nothing in common with the show.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just the opposite. I've been reading all her books for years and I don't like the show. They really are nothing alike. At least you gave it the benefit of the doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would make sense to like whichever you come across first. Because they really are very different.

    ReplyDelete