Monday, December 13, 2010

Money check-up Dec 13

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on Christmas presents. We were all done, until my husband went out to finish his few present purchases, and bought my son two huge gifts. Cool gifts, but totally not needed, and way expensive.

2. Today I feel anxious towards money. My credit card has really climbed up this month due to Christmas and the car repairs I needed. I want to get it back down asap.

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was my Christmas dinner on Friday. It didn't cost a penny. I had clothes to wear. My sister babysat for free. And the boss paid for my drinks. Normally they only cover beer and wine, but I don't drink either. He was standing beside me when the waiter brought my daiquiri and asked if I wanted to pay as I got them, or at the end of the evening, and the boss graciously told the waiter to add it to the bill.

4. I will consider this week a success if I do all my reading for my course. It's amazing how fast you can fall behind. And it's only 2 weeks into the course.

5. My favorite holiday treat is chocolate covered cherries. Sure, you could get them year round, but it's not the same.

Weekly Money Check-Up is a fill-in-the blank post once a week. The first four questions are always the same each week and the fifth is always different. Care to participate? Check out this week's post over at My Pretty Pennies for the linky tool.

3 comments:

  1. #5 made me smile. My brother Mike is so hooked on chocolate covered cherries. When I was a kid I'd buy him a big box and wrap it up for Christmas and he would be so happy to get. He'd open it on the spot to have one. Then he'd offer me one and I would say "ewww gross". I don't like them at all. Fun memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that the cherry is definitely not the best part. It's the gooey goodness surrounding the cherry. I don't really like the actual cherry, but I eat it anyway.

    ReplyDelete