Friday, December 24, 2010

Friday night leftovers Dec 24

BWS tips button

Things have been crazy this week, so no posts other than the book reviews I wrote up and scheduled on Monday. Here is a snapshot of my week:

Had an oil change scheduled for 8:30 Tuesday morning. It would make me up to 30 min late for work, but that's no problem. But did I remember? Not until I was at work, waiting for my computer to sign me in. Then I glanced at my calendar, and saw the appointment. Oops! Ran to my car and to the mechanic where they laughed at me, and got me finished within 30 min. I love my mechanic!

I have had a bad cough all week. It started Sat, and got progressively worse. On Wed I called my doctor to get an appointment. Thursday afternoon was the soonest, so I took it. I have been waking up at night to cough, choke, and throw up. I get slightly dizzy when I cough too hard, and it is beginning to hurt. I was worried I might be getting pneumonia. Luckily, I don't. I do have a prescription for antibiotics, and a cough that cough medicine won't touch.

Finally figured out what Buckleys tastes like. Vicks Vaporub! Yuck! And it's not working, so I'm not going subject myself to that torture.

I took my son with my to the doctors because he had a cold last week, and his eyes still are gunky, and sticking shut when he sleeps. He started fussing when we pulled in the parking lot. Threw up a mouthful in his carseat (note to self - must wash carseat cover). Kept fussing in the waiting room. Wished I could reason with him and reassure him we weren't there for him. Then he threw up all over the carpet. The new, 2 month old carpet. Fabulous. It least the waiting room was empty.

My son now has eye drops for his yucky eyes. I am not looking forward to trying to get them in his eyes. He freaks out, scrunches his face, and grinds it into the floor to avoid me wiping his eyes with a warm washcloth to unstick them in the morning.

Amazingly, his eyes were clean this morning. Not a drop of yuck.

Our bathroom ceiling started leaking yesterday morning. Yes, the ceiling that was just fixed. The toilet above us has been running non-stop since people moved in 2 weeks ago. And it was obviously leaking in addition to running. Water started leaking out the vent, the edges of where the ceiling was repaired, and out the door frame. But, the plumber was there by 1 pm. And had the leak fixed by 2 pm. Apparently, they don't want to deal with us for more problems. Yea!

Found out last week that my company has been sold effective March 1. We are being reassured that everyone still has a job, and they are excited to have us. Sure, we'll see. I'm not worried though. I can adapt to change. And I really expect (and hope) that there will be big changes.

The new company gave everyone a present for Christmas. An iPad!! Yes, they are definitely trying to buy our love, but I can go with that. Most definitely...

That's about it I think. My week so far. Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a busy and hectic time for you. Hope your son is 100% by tomorrow morning. An iPad? Wow. now that's a great gift. Hope the sale goes through and you all do get to keep your job.

    Merry Christmas Sarah and to your family. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete