I am so excited about tonight. For the second time since my son was born (almost 19 months ago), my husband and I are going out by ourselves. Yes, two dates in over a year and a half is pretty sad. But we're going out again next Friday for my company Christmas dinner, so that makes 3 times out, with twice in one month!
The vice president at my work owns a box suite to the Kitchener Rangers OHL hockey games. Earlier this week he offered to give a pair of tickets for the game tonight to anyone who was interested. So I jumped all over that! A chance to do something cool without spending a fortune?! I'm on it.
So I lined up a babysitter and tonight will be a hockey good time! Go Rangers!
Have fun! I was just talking at dinner about how I didn't have much help when my son was a baby so I know how you feel. Go out, enjoy and do it again next week!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Hope you had a great time. We don't get out much either. Once in the 10 months since Ms. Rae was born. I didn't realize it would be this hard to leave her with someone else. Anyway, glad you two are going out!
ReplyDeleteHope you had fun!! A night out even every once in a while is definitely needed!
ReplyDeleteWe never get to go out either - mostly because I am very particular about who can watch my kids... And hubby works a lot. We have only been out twice since my son was born a year ago - and that was to go to 2 family weddings!
I had a great time! Watching from a box suite is definitely awesome. Just the food was amazing: pizza, popcorn, nachos, ice cream!
ReplyDeleteThe game was good, but I loved the little kid game during the intermission between the 2nd and 3rd periods. Little kids are so cute to watch! They all go after the puck, and half of them are sliding by on their butts or tummies. Adorable!