It's Friday already. This has been a fast week. And not really a great week. Here are my leftover random thoughts at the end of the year:
My son and I are going to visit my mom for the weekend. It's a 6 hour drive there. We are splitting it into two parts since my grandma lives half way. So we are going to my grandma's this evening, and then the rest of the way tomorrow morning. But we are coming all the way home on Monday, with a break for lunch at grandma's. I am so happy we got a DVD player for the car. Otherwise, the drive is horrible.
I am excited to drive a new car this weekend. And one that is automatic. My car is a standard, and it is killer on the legs when driving for hours. My knees get so sore. I have been thinking about selling my car and getting an automatic, but the money just isn't there right now.
Our bathroom is leaking again. Oh yea! Not from the hole in the ceiling though, the water is coming from above the sink. Through the wall. Noticed the light was making sizzling noises last night. This morning there is water running from the corner of the wall/ceiling, along the seam to the door frame, and dripping down there. Hopefully this gets fixed as fast as the last drip. Not likely since there is a hole in the hallway ceiling with a bucket collecting water. And it's been there all week. I think our water is coming from the same source.
Work has been super quiet with most people on holidays. And chilly! I keep forgetting to bring a sweater. Brrr. I'm kind of looking forward to everyone being back next week. It's creepy when it's too quiet.
I think that's everything! For the year! Can't believe how fast the year went.
Greetings from FNLO~
ReplyDeleteI hear you about the quiet/creepiness of working over the holidays. I feel like I work so much better under pressure with deadlines and with loads of distractions! Although my office was flippin Hot this week. We were stripping layers off...
Good luck on your drive. I also have a standard. My next car WILL be an automatic. My knees are too old for a stick shift.
Happy New Year!
The second car I owned with standard and I drove it for 6 years. I had NO idea what I was missing when I went back to an automatic. Holy relief!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!