This one is a really hard one for me. I can't think of anyone that has really made my life worth living. I know the standard mom answer is my son. But I can't honestly say that. Yes, I love him and would do anything for him, but he's only been here less than a year and a half, and I've been here for longer.
Instead, I will be liberal with the topic. Making your life worth living means someone has had a profound effect on you, in a good way. Which means you respect them, and probably look up to them. So someone I respect and look up to? That one is easy to answer: my sister.
My sister is an amazing mom. When we were younger, we never got along. She was Miss Popular, and Miss Cool, and I was the older, more responsible, boring one. We really only became friends after we each moved out and began adult lives. Being Miss Cool, my sister was a party girl. But that all changed after she got pregnant. Both her and my brother-in-law changed from party-goers to parents. The change was almost instanteous (it seemed), and completely apparent and miraculous.
Now, she is the mom to two amazing kids who challenge her daily. She is patient, and loving, and I respect and admire her every day. I have felt this way since her first child was born, and it has only grown since having my own child. To me, she is a wonder, and someone I go to continually for advice. Now, I consider her my best friend, and am very thankful that I have her. Love you Kate!
No comments:
Post a Comment