Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you the most on

Finally, a topic all about good things. Doesn't really make it easier to write though. I am pretty critical of myself, so it is hard to really remember and agree with compliments that other people give.

People, mostly family, have told me I am a good mom. My son has not been the easiest kid. I am lucky that he has been healthy, but it has not been a breeze. He was colicky. Breastfeeding didn't agree with either of us. He became a milk baby and refusing to eat anything else.

Even now at 17 months, he is just beginning to eat anything. He still prefers dairy, and eats a lot of yogurt. Some days, everything needs to be mixed into yogurt, and he is getting so smart at recognizing the yogurt container, and refusing anything that comes from a different container. He is beginning to eat baby food fruits without yogurt. Veggies and meat are a huge fight, and are mixed with at least half yogurt. I have begun crushing up a Flintstone vitamin into his breakfast to make sure he is getting some vitamins.

He is not big into finger foods. He never used to put anything into his mouth. He has only just begun putting food into his mouth and licking it. Still refuses to bite it. He has teeth, 4 on top, 2 on bottom, and 2 more right at the surface on the bottom, but they won't come through since he never bites.

His sleeping is getting better. In the past 2 weeks he has finally started sleeping through the night. Not every night, but he is now sleeping an average of 6-8 hours at a time. Which is awesome! Have you ever tried to go almost a year and a half sleeping only 1-2 hours at a time? Not good. I feel so tired lately, but I know it's because my body is beginning to get regular sleep again, and is adjusting. Yeah for sleep!

Needless to say, my son is very stubborn and strong willed. He has begun to learn how to throw temper tantrums, but doesn't have it figured out yet. They are still cute right now. He throws himself on the ground and just lays on his back looking at you with a pout. Doesn't kick his legs, beat his arms or yell... yet... I know it's coming though. Then it won't be so cute.

He is also the biggest cuddle bug ever. He loves hugs, and is learning to give kisses without having huge open mouth slobbers.

Overall, he is a good kid. Not easy, but good. I'm sure the future will bring more challenges as he grows, but I hope he still stays healthy and I keep getting compliments about being a good mom. Even though I don't feel like it some days.

No comments:

Post a Comment