Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 19: What is your opinion of religion?

I have never been religious. I was not raised to believe in any particular religion. I have not had a reason to choose one, or to need one, so I remain ambivalent.

But overall, I'm not a fan of organized religion. They are mostly corrupt, or at least become that way over time. Afterall, they start with the belief in something greater, but they are run by humans.

I think that mankind as a whole needs to believe in something higher than himself. Whether that is a person, a concept or a system, each person feels the need differently. But the overall need is there because mankind wants to believe that there is something better then him out there. Because if we are the best...? Not a great concept given the corruptibility, greediness and capacity of evil within mankind in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment