Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 12: Something you never get compliments on

This is a tricky topic. What to describe? Something you think you do well, but aren't recognized for? Something you don't do well, and you know it?

After working through some crap yesterday, I realized that I never get complimented on any of my work. Most of what I do never gets acknowledged in any way at all. I'm sure it's not intentional. But my boss is not really a people person, there are days he never says a single word to me. It makes me think of one of the books I've read recently that talked about how most good work is not acknowledged, only problems are noticed, so you need to keep track and show your accomplishments to your superiors.

I'm still waiting for my annual review to happen, but I do have my list of accomplishments all ready. As well as the list of things I'd like to take on. We'll see what happens when my review finally gets done. For the record, it was originally scheduled for the middle of last week, but my boss keeps pushing it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment