Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 17: A book you've read that changed your view on something

I have read so many books, it is my favourite past-time, that I'm not sure I can pick just one. Or that I can even identify one that has changed my view on something.

One series that particularly calls out to me is the Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony. Each book is about one "office" of immortality: Death,Time, Fate, War, Nature, Evil and Good. Over the course of the series, all the major characters are woven together, and eventually become one giant family tree.

The series really makes you think about the forces that are supposedly out of our control, and makes you wonder if they really are beyond reach. This is one series that I have read over and over, and one of the few that I actually own. Although the last time I moved, I think I lost one book, which I am pretty upset about.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah, that series sounds interesting, I'm glad I stopped by!!
    I got your message about the fudge, how sad! That's so strange, it should set up easily.
    The only thing I can think of is that your chocolate chips may either be old or not good quality. Sometimes after they melt they don't set back up very well.
    Try using Ghiardelli chips (they're the ones I used to make this recipe) or you can also use Guittard Apeels (they set up VERY firm, you can get them at cake supply stores). Hope that helps!!!

    ReplyDelete