Beyond the obvious food, clothes, shelter, family, this becomes a personal question about what you value most. In my case, I couldn't live without my car. Not necessarily my current car, but just having a car in general.
I have had a car for several years now. I couldn't imagine giving it up. I could still get around locally, the city I live in has a great bus system. But all my family lives out of town. Even before I owned a car, I used to rent a car periodically to go visit them.
I love driving. Right now I drive standard. Yes, that's right, I'm one of the few people who can do that, and I am proud of it. Before I had a child, I used to destress by taking a drive. There is not much better than just hitting the road with the music cranked up and driving your cares away.
If someone were to take my ability to have a car away, I'd be devastated. I don't want to go back to living on a bus schedule. Of having to ride public transportation. Of depending on others to get around. I like the ability to jump in my car and go. Of choosing when and what route to take. Simply put, I love my car. I could do without the constant need to make repairs, but that is a different topic altogether.
No comments:
Post a Comment