I know I need to forgive myself for past mistakes. I have made quite a few, and while I have found ways to move on, I've never really forgiven myself for making them in the first place. I have a perfectist streak that means I beat myself up when I do things wrong. I feel I should have known better, and so I never really forgive myself, even if circumstances or situations were out of my control.
This seems vague, but I don't really need to go into all the gory details to still portray what I am trying to say.
I know I am only human, and as such will make mistakes. But I find it hard to forgive myself for making them. Seems like a contradiction, and this is likely true. But humans are complex and illogical, and no matter how orderly we want our lives, life always gets in the way.
How is that for a bundle of cliches while still telling the truth? lol
No comments:
Post a Comment