Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 20: Your views on drugs and alcohol.

I have never done drugs. I rarely drink. Mostly just a drink with dinner once every few months. The last time I was drunk? So long ago I can't remember when.

I will admit that I am very anti-drug, and I tend to look down on people who do them. That's probably not my best trait, but it's the truth. I think most of the time people do drugs to escape reality. I may have felt that need, but I also don't have the ability to just let go of control. Doing drugs is about losing control, experiencing something other than harsh reality. Not something I can make myself do. So I've never tried.

Alcohol is a different story. Even though it can rightly be considered a drug, it doesn't have the same stigma as drugs. Of course, I do believe that partying is a behaviour that belongs to young adults (includes early 20s), but it is something that responsible people learn to control and minimize.

There is nothing wrong with relaxing and having fun. But maintaining control over yourself and your actions is important. Especially if you are a role model, such as a parent.

Think I have control issues based on this post? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment