While I am all for writing about truth, I don't really agree that the very first day should be negative. You would think starting on a positive note would create a better habit, and generate more enthusiasm. Nevertheless, here I go...
Something I hate about myself is my inability to see when a relationship is bad, and not taking care of myself by getting out of it before serious damage is done. Without going into everything (since no one reading this is my therapist, although if you want the job, will you accept macaroni as payment? Or other non-cash item? I'm open to barter ideas), I have gone thousands of dollars in debt, lost several belongings, fled for my life, felt worthless, all in various combinations.
So how to I learn to get past this and act like the mature, responsible, independent person my mom believes I am? I'm not sure. But I know it involves becoming more self-confident and having more self-esteem. Neither of which are easy to do, and both of which are essential to self-happiness. These two items are goals at the end of a long journey. Which I need to make a conscience effort to take.
Good insight! As a therapist (really!), I can tell you that your awareness of the problem is a huge step to solving it. The next step might be taking an inventory of these past relationships and looking for common "early warning signs" that were missed or ignored.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to reading the rest of the 30 days. :)