Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Date night this weekend

I love having my sister live nearby. She has graciously agreed to take Mikey overnight on Friday. So I have a date with my husband. We are planning to go to the movies. I haven't been to the movies in forever. I'm so excited. Also to be able to sleep all night without getting up. Sweet!

Mind you, Mikey has been sleeping better. He's only been getting up twice a night, and he is sleeping in until 7 am. That is so much better than 4 wakeups, and getting up at 6 am. He is also starting to come in and snuggle in my bed with me for a few minutes, which is much nicer than dragging myself out because he is screaming.

Yesterday was Family Day here in Canada, which is a new holiday. We celebrated by taking Mikey, and my sister and her kids, to a play day at a local sports complex. They transformed their sports field into bouncy castle heaven. There were 10-12 different bouncy castles there. Everything imaginable. It was awesome!

Mikey really enjoyed the bouncy slide. He wanted to enjoy the castles, but they were too bouncy. He couldn't stay standing, and started to freak out. I tried to get him to go in the little kid castle, which was sturdier and less bouncy, but by the time we made it to the front of the line, Mikey was done, and ready to go home.

Family was quite fun, and I definitely enjoyed having a day off from work.

1 comment:

  1. You can never been too bouncy!!! Hahaha. Hugs, Bouncin' Barb

    ReplyDelete