The Confession by John Grisham. An innocent man is sitting on death row, about to be executed while the real killer is on parole for a different crime. When the real killer has a conscience attack, it's a race against time to save the innocent.
I have read almost every John Grisham novel ever written, and find his work to be fast paced, and gripping. He writes crime and legal thrillers that make the law very exciting, even though most of the action surrounds mundate procedures.
I found the characters to be a little one-dimensional. The good were good and the bad were bad. But the character of Keith Schroeder was very well developed. His internal struggles and thoughts were portrayed in a very real way.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the book. And while the summary of what happens to everyone at the end may not go over with everyone, I liked it. It helped tie everything up, and there were no loose ends leftover.
Rating: 5/5
Source: Local library
No comments:
Post a Comment