Reading this story, I felt sadness and frustration. Both for Christine, and her husband Ben. I can't even imagine how horrible it would be to wake up every day and have no idea who you are, or what has happen during the past few decades. I think it would be equally as horrible to live with a person like that. To have to explain who you are, and who they are every day. I don't think I would have the patience.
I found Christine's character to be very real. She felt a gamut of emotions, and it seemed like you were privy to her version of life, feeling and living right along side her.
I didn't really believe the character of Dr Nash though. He seemed very cardboard-like, and just there. Not the professional you would think, or even like an obsessive researcher, which is how I think he is supposed to come off.
Overall, I was very impressed. I didn't guess the twist until right near the end, when everything started to come together. This was a very interesting, and at times, emotional read. Definitely worth checking out.
Rating: 5/5
Source: Review copy from Net Galley
No comments:
Post a Comment