Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Kid Book Review: Peter Rabbit Sleepy Time

Since my son has recently developed a huge interest in lift-the-flap books, I have been borrowing quite a few from our local library, and trying to keep track of which ones he seems to like.

Peter Rabbit Sleepy Time by Beatrix Potter has been a huge hit! Each page has a flap within a flap, which is a neat idea. You open the first flap to see who is going to sleep, and then you use the second flap to cover them with a blanket.

My son really enjoys covering up the sleeping animals. He wants me to open the first flap, and then he holds the second flap and looks at me in anticipation, and gets very happy when I read "Cover him/her up." He then flips his flap and smooths it down over the animal. Very cute! And very fun!

My only complaint is that there are so few pages. I wish for just a few more. But other than that, this is an awesome book. And would probably make a great bedtime story, if my son liked reading at bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment