Thursday, November 25, 2010

Daybook entry Nov 25

FOR TODAY - Thursday Nov 25, 2010


Outside my window... it is grey and dreary. It was freezing rain this morning, but I think it's back to normal rain. Not pleasant though.

I am thinking... that I have an exam next week, and I am woefully under-prepared.

I am thankful for... being able to take the day off when my son has doctor appointments. Yes, they count as vacation days, but I still get them.

From the kitchen... I hear the printer and ladies walking in hight heels.

I am wearing... long grey sweater, black tights and awesome black boots with buckles. And my glasses cause my left eye seems to have changed shape a bit so my contacts no longer sit comfortably.
I am creating... little coordinated piles out of my licorice candy. Sorting them by type, then eating one out of each pile. Obviously, I am extremely busy.

I am going... to crack down and do some studying this weekend. I need to pass my exam because I don't want to have to redo it, and pay for it.

I am reading... City of Ice by John Farrow. Borrowed from my sister a while ago, and only just getting to it now.

I am hoping... to be able to get some sleep this weekend so I stop feeling like a zombie.

I am hearing... the usual sounds of work.

Around the house... there is probably chaos. I will see when I get home.

One of my favorite things... is hot chocolate. There is a coffee shop next door that makes it with steamed milk instead of water. So yummy. But I find it hard to justify spending $3 on a cup when there are free packets of hot chocolate mix in the kitchen.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Magoo has a doctor appointment tomorrow. I have a potluck to go to on Saturday, and we are going as a family to an outdoor Nativity tour thingy Saturday evening. Sunday I have a cards and board games social which should be lots of fun.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Yummy hot chocolate. Picture from Flikr


Join the daybook fun by visiting the Simple Woman's Daybook blog to get the question list. Fill it out and link up!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that looks so heavenly and creamy rich. Thanks! It's easier on the thighs this way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sounds of your piles of licorice candy :) and the hot chocolate looks so yummy. Good luck on your exam. ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Barb - Maybe I should try putting up a picture of some candy, then I'll stop reaching for it.

    @Alana - Thanks for the well wishes. I could definitely use them.

    ReplyDelete