Friday, November 19, 2010

Kid Book Review: National Geographic Little Kids and Chirp

National Geographic Little Kids is not really a book, it's a magazine. I decided to pick it up when we were in Chapters doing some Christmas shopping. My son loves animals, so I thought he'd enjoy it. I was right. We read 3 times in a row when we first got home.

The magazine is published every other month. This is the Nov/Dec edition. It features Ermines, and migrating animals. There are pictures of animals, with little short blurbs. There are a few pages with simple games and puzzles.

I was a little underwhelmed at how short it is, considering that it cost $6. An annual subscription costs about $25 in Canada. Cheaper in the US since it is an American publication.



I have been trying find a Canadian publication aimed at toddlers, but haven't really found much. There is Chirp, which is aimed at ages 3-6. But it is pretty pricey. At least in my opinion.

This publication looks cute. And it is a bit longer, but I think it is definitely a little too complicated for really young kids.

I think that based on the costs, we will just stick with library books. Or maybe an occasional edition of a regular National Geographic magazine. Same pictures, but a lot more volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment