It was lots of fun! I went with my son and niece and nephew. My sister, brother-in-law and husband all had to work, so it was me and 3 kids. I actually found it easier to travel with 3 instead of just 1. They entertain each other, and don't just scream and cry. And people are really nice when you stop for a break and herd 3 children into a Tim Hortons.
Our Christmas takes the form of a big potluck. Then Santa visits and every child gets a gift. Then the adults do an exchange. We each bring one gift, and then pick one off the table. I don't have a good track record at getting good gifts. There was the plug-in travel mug (don't drink coffee), wine (don't drink wine), and this year I got a crochetted doll toilet roll cover. I am sure one of the great-aunts worked really hard on it though.
My son was not sure about Santa. But he thoroughly enjoys his wooden animal knob puzzle.
Definitely lots of fun. And it's nice that it is not during the very hectic late December Christmas season. But it just doesn't feel Christmas-y without snow. Not that I'm complaining. It was gorgeous out yesterday!
Christmas on my birthday. What a good day for it. haha. Sounds like lots of fun and it's good for kids to grow up with family gatherings like that. That's coming from someome who didn't so take it for what it's worth!! lol. Glad you had a good time. Hugs.
ReplyDelete