Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Daily routine

Speaking of routine... I was trying to catch up reading the blogs I follow (too busy for a day or two and the list becomes 118 posts!) and one was about the routine of a stay-at-home-mom over at Bored Mommy. In that spirit, I though I'd post my daily routine. Because it's basically the same every day too.

6 am - get up for my screaming son. Stumble to the kitchen and try to convince him to eat food, and not just drink milk. Turn the tv on and doze for a few minutes trying to wake up. Or sometimes I try to shower quickly.

6:20 - Get dressed. Wrangle socks and a sweater/coat on my son.

6:30 - Leave to get my husband from work.

7:10 - Get home. Eat breakfast. Make lunch. Get ready for work. This last step also involves brushing my son's teeth as I don't get any time alone in the bathroom.

7:45 - Leave for work.

Dum dum dum...

5:00 - Leave work for home.

5:30-6:00 - Get home, depending on traffic.

6:00-6:30 - Eat supper. Attempt to feed my son (doesn't usually succeed.)

6:30-7:30 - Play with my son. Bath if I think of it.

7:30 - Wrangle socks and a sweater/coat on my son.

7:50 - Leave to take my husband to work.

8:15 - Get home and put son to bed. If I'm lucky, he fell asleep in the car and doesn't wake up. Otherwise, put screaming son to bed.

8:15-10:00 - Me time? Mostly involves cleaning up, dishes, vacuuming if needed, sometimes a few moments to myself to play on the computer when I really should be doing schoolwork. Shower if I didn't get to it in the morning.

10:00 - Bedtime.

11:00 - Get screaming son. Drink and back to bed.

4:00-5:00 - Get screaming son. Try to convince him to go back to sleep. Usually he will fall asleep on me but wakes up when I try to put him down. Repeat until I am ready to lose my mind. Then fall back into bed to get that last hour of sleep.

And I wonder why I always feel tired, am behind in my schoolwork, and don't feel like I get any time to myself. The joys of motherhood.

1 comment:

  1. Brings back lots of memories...youll be looking back one day wondering how you did it all.

    ReplyDelete