Friday, November 26, 2010

Fender bender

So I realized that my description of my week left out something. The fender bender.

Wednesday I had my cellphone plugged in at work because I tend to drain it right to dead. And it always starts beeping at an inopportune time, like when I am headed out the door to work. So it was plugged in. And I remembered this as I was getting in my car to go home. I figured I better grab it because (a) I don't want to leave my expensive phone somewhere overnight, and (b) I don't have a home phone anymore, so if someone needed to reach me, I need my cell.

So I needed to go get it. But it's not that simple because the parking garage is on the next block up from my work. So I figured I would drive to the back door and dash up. No problem. I just need to go around the block and up to the building.

I was waiting at the light to turn, and BAM. The chick behind me didn't stop until her bumper hit mine. Amazingly, there is only a tiny scratch on my bumper. This is the second fender bender I have had in this car where there was no real damage. Thank goodness, especially since I just shelled out way to much money in repairs this week.

Thursday I was a bit sore. I knew I would be. I didn't see the accident coming, so I wasn't tensed up, but I was standing on the clutch, so that leg was tense, and got quite the jolt. But nothing a hot shower didn't fix.

2 comments:

  1. She probably wasn't paying any attention. At least it wasn't that bad.

    FC
    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete