It's Friday! Another week has flown by.
I have exciting news! I have a job! It's not completely finalized, still have to agree on a start date and salary, but they offered it to me, and I have accepted. I am so happy! This was the job that I interviewed for before and thought I got, but then never heard back. Apparently I just needed to be patient.
We have to start putting limits of one "baby" per outing. Mikey has three stuffed animals that he has become attached to. Today was the first day he insisted on bringing all three out with us, and it didn't go smoothly. He only has two hands afterall, and he must hold someone's hand when walking around. That leaves quite the juggling act. So after today, there will be a one baby limit on outings.
Mikey's babies are really cute. He has a small beanie baby teddy bear that I had before he was born, a little elephant he got at the carnival last weekend, and a baby penguin that was part of a Mommy and Baby set he got at Christmas. These "abe-ees" have become attached to his hands. He wants all of them, all the time. This evening the elephant and the penguin were "iss-ee, iss-ee" (kissing) each other all over the living room. Very cute. I think he was recreating the kissing game he does with me.
I am going golfing tomorrow morning. I found an online group in my area for golfing. I am excited since I was only out once last year. Hopefully I will be out quite a bit more this year. I have a feeling I am going to be super sore and tired tomorrow night. In a good way though.
We had ant hell in our kitchen earlier this week. I was so grossed out. I think ants are the grossest bug ever. Give me a spider or beetle any day instead of an ant. We had noticed one or two crawling around the floor by the fridge, and then saw one or two on the counter. I called the super who suggested we get a few ant traps and see if they work. That evening after Mike made supper, he put the leftover meat on a cutting board and put it on that counter. When I went into the kitchen a few hours later, my whole counter was covered in ants. After doing a grossed out shriek and shudder, I threw out the meat, Lysolled the counter, wiped everything up, Lysolled again and wiped, did the dishes, then a final Lysol. And texted Mike to bring ant traps home. Which he did, and we have only seen two ants since then. Not an experience I want to repeat.

Ants are so annoying. Every spring since I've lived here in the south they make their way into our home. I'm waiting patiently for them to arrive here. I keep everything wiped, clean and nothing in the drains. But if they find one little granule of sugar they are like the plague. Congrats on the job. Hope it works out all in your favor.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the job! Very exciting :) We have had really bad ant issues over the years. They tend to want to visit us after a lot of rain. Ugh.
ReplyDelete