Friday, April 1, 2011
Friday Night Leftovers - April 1
Today was my first official day of unemployment. And it was busy. Things we did:
- went to the library.
- picked up the contacts I had ordered. I am excited to get them now that sunglasses weather is coming. I find the sun to bright too drive in without sunglasses in the summer. Instead of my usual Night & Days, I got daily disposables. So I can wear my glasses easily, now that I have 2 pairs that I like.
- checked out EI. Was told I need to apply online, so it was basically a wasted trip.
- went to the mall to buy "interview" clothes. My list of things to get were a pair of black pants, a blazer to match the multiple pairs of brown pants I own, and a new pair of girly shoes. I came home with a pair of grey pants, 3 shirts and 2 pairs of shoes (ballet flats and wedge heels). Not quite matched the list, but I'm still happy with my choices.
- had a relaxing nap for an hour while Mikey slept. He woke up too early and was uber cranky, so...
- went for a walk to the huge Canadian Tire a block away. Found the perfect shelf for our kitchen so we have a place to put keys, wallets, and assorted just-in-the-door stuff.
- played and cuddled with Mikey
All in all, a very good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good luck on the interview! Enjoy the time off:)
ReplyDeleteStopping in from FNL.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the interview(s). Good choices on the clothes and shoes :)
Yay for cuddling!
It sounds like the day was a perfect mix of work and play. I'm itching to buy some new shoes myself!
ReplyDelete