Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Whatcha Reading Wednesday - Jan 5

I have a few books on the go at the moment:

Room by Emma Donoghue. I just started this one yesterday at lunch. So far, I am finding it to be sad and depressing. The very idea of it (a mom and her son are being held prisoner in a single room. The boy, who turns 5 at the beginning of the story, has never been outside. He doesn't even really know there is an outside.) is appalling and depressing. There have been a few smile moments, but this is definitely a dark book so far.

PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives by Frank Warren. This is the only PostSecret book I haven't read yet. They are definitely awesome. I love reading the secrets, and seeing the little pieces of artwork that some people have made as their postcard.

My car audiobook is still Heat Wave by Richard Castle. But I left it in my car, which is still at the body shop. I should get it back by the end of the week though (woohoo - I think. I'm enjoying driving an automatic now.) I have to get this one finished because it is due back to the library next week, and I can't renew since someone placed a hold on it.

So, what are you reading?

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanted to read Heat Wave ever since it came out. I love watching Catle.

    I am your newest follower and fellow Canadian stopping by from the Exchange.

    I am having great Canadian only Seafood giveaway.Stop by if you like to enter this great prize package or just look around.

    http://www.dailyorganizedchaos.com/bluewater-seafoods-reviewgiveaway/

    ~Bibi~

    ReplyDelete