Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Money check-up Jan 18

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on fitness stuff. I bought 2 fitness DVDs, and a new pair of shoes. Now I just need to start working out.

2. Today I feel lonely towards money. My bank account has $5 in it, and I don't get paid until Thursday. And we will probably need milk before then. Oh money, where are you?

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was join Netgalley. They are a portal for publishers to offer advance reading copies of books. You join, request, and read. They hope you provide a review afterwards, but it's not required. One of the books I am currently reading is from there.

4. I will consider this week a success if I work out at least 3 times. I have so far been thwarted in my attempts. Yesterday morning I slept until 7 because my son had a rough weekend with a fever that finally broke during the night Sunday night. So I was totally exhausted. Last night he was napping when I got home, and then didn't go to bed easily. As in it was 10 pm before he was asleep, instead of 8 or 8:30. So I collapsed in bed asleep right after him. And this morning I was awakened with a migraine. So no workout. Hopefully I will have time tonight, and then start a schedule tomorrow morning.

5. My signature outfit is jeans, a t-shirt, and a sweater. Comfy and warm, because I am almost always cold.

Weekly Money Check-Up is a fill-in-the blank post once a week. The first four questions are always the same each week and the fifth is always different. Care to participate? Visit My Pretty Pennies for the linky tool.

2 comments:

  1. Hope your son is feeling better and your headache goes away quickly. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you and your son feel better soon! I love NetGalley!! It is the best place to get awesome books!!

    ReplyDelete