I went to the doctor's this morning to discuss my headaches. I have been having migraine level headaches every day for two weeks. Sometimes they happen while I am sleeping, sometimes during the day. I couldn't think of any one thing that has been different, so I wasn't sure of an exact trigger. So off I went.
My doc says they sound like cardiovascular headaches, which are typical for migraines. It means they are caused by blood vessel constricting in my head. Painful and annoying. After discussing my life for the past month or so, he is certain they are caused by stress. I'd agree, especially after he made a list of everything I mentioned. Here's the list:
- car accident on Dec 29 - 2 days before headaches started
- the company I work for has been purchased, and is effective March. This was announced the week before Christmas.
- Christmas
- bathroom leaking water in large, smelly, messy quantities. This started (again) Christmas Eve. And is still continuing. Apparently someone is supposed to come today. We'll see if they show. They were scheduled for last Thursday and didn't come.
- my husband is still working as a temp. He has his hours in, and is just waiting to hear if/when he will be made permanent.
- my son has been on and off sick for the past month. He is just getting over a cold, so he is still not eating well. And not sleeping through the night. Although he did sleep 12-6 last night. The first time in a long time.
- I am struggling with my schooling. I can't seem to get into it, probably because I have no time. I looked at dropping the course I'm doing right now, but I missed the deadline. And I don't want a zero or failed attempt because then I have to pay to retake it.
- my husband really wants to try for another baby. I would like to have another one, and have them relatively close together, but I have been waffling a bit.
Sound like a long list? It is. I think the doc may have hit the nail with the stress bit. His recommendations?
- take Tylenol every 4 hours to try to help prevent it.
- take Advil if I feel a headache starting. I have so far only been doing this. And it is working, with time and preferably some sleep.
- try to reduce some stress. Yea right.
- try to get as much sleep as possible. Already trying, thanks.
My son has a check-up next Friday, so he'll check me at the same time. If I have less headaches between now and then, we'll continue with this. Otherwise, he will look at migraine-aimed medicine.
I still plan to go have my eyes checked in the next little while, both to rule this out as a cause, and to address the contact issue I have been having. Although, my contacts have been comfortable and working great without problems for the past two weeks. Go figure. Hopefully my headaches diminish and I'm feeling better soon.
Was there any possibility of any jarring in the neck to cause something to be pinched?
ReplyDeleteSorry you're feeling so cruddy. I hope things look up for you very soon!
ReplyDeleteLife is fun, isn't it? I get headaches like this, too... They are a lovely gift from my Mother. UGH. LOL But... caffeine & A TON OF WATER helps me. I try the water first, if that doesn't work... coffee. & rest. If able. ;-) Migraine meds? I have been given samples from the doc, but I've never used them. Excedrin Migraine works if you can take it. There are a ton of side effects w/ Migraine meds. No, thank you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the well-wishes.
ReplyDeleteMigraines also run in my family. Both my mom and brother get really bad ones. I definitely find rest is the best cure. Even a 20 min nap can make them go away.
I don't think I pinched anything. I did get a massage to see if that helped, so I got all the tension out of my back and shoulders.