Since I am toally inactive, I started with Level 1. There are 3 levels you progress through. Each workout is about 20 min long. There is a warm-up, 3 circuits of hard work, and a cool down. Each circuit consists of 3 min of strength training, 2 min of cardio, and 1 min of ab work.
The only gear you need is free weights (I used soup cans because I don't own weights) and a mat, if you have a hard floor. And you just follow along. Sounds simple, but not easy to do. There are no breaks, rest, or chances to stop. You are working the entire time.
I did have to take 3 mini-breaks when I felt like I was going to die, or my legs were going to collapse. Not long, just a 5 sec chance to catch my breath.
Afterwards, I had a huge glass of water, and then went to have a shower because I was soaked. I almost couldn't wash my hair, it was so hard to lift my arms. That surprised me, because I thought I had some strength in my arms from hauling my son around.
From the utter exhaustion I felt afterwards, I think I will change my original plan and work out at night, and not in the morning. The thought of working out, and then trying to drag my butt to work makes me want to nap. On the plus side, I slept great last night, and even though my son was up for an hour and a half from 3-4:30, I still feel great and rested this morning.
We'll see how I feel when I do workout #2 tonight. Ready to groan already.
No comments:
Post a Comment