I think I mentioned before that Mikey got a sandbox for his birthday. I have to admit that we don't play in it much. When we do, it usually takes quite a bit of convincing to get Mikey in it to start.
Tonight was one of those times. He pointed at it and seemed to want to play in it, so I took the cover off and put him in it. Not good. He freaked out at the dirt touching his feet. So I sat on the edge and held him in my lap to play for the first 5 minutes or so. Then I was able to move him to his own corner.
We played in it for a good half hour. Then we got out. He was done playing. I put the cover back on, and we went and changed into pjs because it was 8 pm. Then he threw a fit because I wouldn't let him back in it to play.
Not fun. This weekend has been full of fits. He hasn't thrown this many in a while. He also seems to be very tired, even though he has been sleeping through the night most nights lately (YEA!). Oh the joys of parenting a two year old.
But we did have a very fun walk around the block. It's not a big block, but it still takes 20 minutes at Mikey speed. He chased birds trying to catch them. Zoomed his choo-choo train car over the grass and tried to squish ants with it. That didn't work so he tried to stomp the ants. He stopped to talk to a lady getting out of her car. He played shy and waved at a guy waiting very patiently for us to cross in front of his driveway. He decided he was exhausted and couldn't walk the final half a block, so he got a piggyback ride. We do those a lot around the house. This time he laid his head on my back, and I thought he was going to fall asleep, but he seemed to perk up a bit when we got home.
All in all, a very good day. Minus the tantrums of course.
Oh the Terrible Two's. I remember them well. Ahhhh.
ReplyDeleteI am not enjoying the tantrums. But other than this week we haven't had many at all. **knock on wood** I hope it won't become a regular occurence, although he did have a good one today when he woke up from his nap.
ReplyDelete