Saturday, May 28, 2011

Soccer and Dance

Today was Mikey's first soccer game. It did not go well. As in we didn't last even 5 minutes. Mikey started freaking out while we were in line to get his shirt. Once we got it and put it on him, total meltdown commenced. There was no distraction going to happen, so I ended up carrying him outside to see if I could calm him down.

Yes, we were that family. The one you look at and think "thank goodness that isn't me today". And then look at your child and praise them for being so good.

Mikey took about 10 minutes of walking around outside to calm down. But there is no way he was going back inside. Oh well, at least we got the soccer shirt. Hopefully next week we can at least last until our session starts. Otherwise, it will be a long 10 weeks.

After we were home and daddy was in charge of Mikey, I left to watch my niece's dance recital. The whole dance school worked together to put on Alice in Wonderland, with each class giving a performance. It was awesome to watch. The little girls are adorable, and some of the more advanced classes are amazing. I loved to see the girls that put everything they had into their dance, they were the best to watch. Laughed so hard at the faces some of the girls had while hip hopping. Attitude shone right through.

Apparently my niece has decided that we doesn't want to take ballet next year, she wants something a little faster. Hip hop is currently her top choice. Which will be adorable to watch. Can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Mikey. Maybe soccer just isn't his thing. I know my son hated it but loved baseball and basketball. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete