Thursday, May 19, 2011

Playing outside

We have turned into outside people. Or Mikey has anyway. That boy loves being outside.

We let him play on the deck outside the patio in his bubble clouds without having to put shoes on, provided it is nice out. Since he wants to come in and out and open and close the door a million times. It's fun for him. And I can just relax on the couch beside the door with a book knowing he is safe.

He stills loves throwing rocks into puddles in the yard. Our yard has not yet been cleaned up by the property management, so I don't care if he throws the rocks everywhere. It's not like we have grass that isn't in ankle deep puddles anyway.

We discovered that you can walk all the way around the outside of the property from our backyard. All around the outside of three townhouse rows. In very wet grass that has fabulous splashing puddles. It's fun for Mikey in his boots. Not so fun in flip flops because I don't have boots. It is cold water.

Mikey has finally learned the joy of swinging. Before he would always scream bloody murder if you put him in a swing, and don't even think about pushing the swing. Now? We spent 20 min just swinging today. When I took him out of the little kid swing, he went up to the adult swings. So I held him in my lap and we did more swinging. I love that our complex has a little swing set. I see us spending a lot of time there this summer.

We have started going for walks around the block. It takes about 15-20 min for Mikey to walk it. He loves it. I'm surprised his head doesn't fall off from swiveling so far and so fast. It is much faster and less dangerous when he is in his wagon during walks.

I have never really been an ourdoor person, but I can see that I will be outdoors a lot more from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment