Friday, September 3, 2010

Exam

I had an exam last night for my CGA schooling in business communications. I found it went okay. The most noteable thing is the fact that I don't get stressed out over my exams. Based on comments from my course forum online, it seems like I am in the minority for that.

Personally, I really remember getting nervous or anxious over exams ever. If you prepare ahead of time, and know your stuff, the best thing to do before an exam is to relax. I always try to sleep well (as much as I can nowadays with my non-sleeping tornado), eat properly, and not cram. I listen to music or an audio book on my way to the exam.

I find that if I am relaxed going into it, I can concentrate better, and remember my stuff better. Which obviously leads to better grades.

Of course, my exam last night was different from most that I have taken in that it was just three written answer questions. I obviously should have practiced more writing beforehand. My hand was cramped so bad by the time I was done. Nowadays, who handwrites for hours at a time? Not me, I'm definitely part of the computer generation. Here's hoping my handwriting was still legible at the end...

2 comments:

  1. What was this exam on? And I agree with you, who handwrites for hours at a time!? Computer generation FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My exam was about business communications. It was really just 3 questions: summarizing an article, writing a memo, and writing a letter. Sounds simple enough. But it took me 2 hours (max time length was 3 hours), and my hand was so cramped by the end.

    ReplyDelete