It's already July 1. The year is half over. Where did it go?
I thought of all kinds of things to include last night as I laid in bed trying to fall asleep. But can I remember anything this morning?
Mikey did a strange behaviour Wednesday night. He went to bed like normal while I was out. When I went to go to bed after getting home, I went up stairs and went in our bedroom and flicked on the light to get changed. Then flicked it right off because I saw Mikey in our bed. I went downstairs to question Mike why he was in our room. Mike had no idea he was there. Apparently Mikey got up and went into our bed on his own. Without making any noise or crying for a drink or coming downstairs. First time he ever did that.
Mikey has developed a little comfort move. He doesn't really have a blanket or toy that he carries around all the time. I have noticed that the past month or so that when he drinks his milk, he pinches some of his shirt between his fingers and rubs it. He prefers to use my shirt, but will use his own when he is sitting by himself. I noticed him doing it while he was tired the other day too. Very cute.
I am a horrible daughter this year. I completely forgot my mom's birthday earlier in June. I talked to her a week before it, but only just called her again this week. I was 3 weeks late saying happy birthday. So bad. But I wasn't the worst. My brother, who lives 15 min away from her, also forgot. After I got off the phone I texted him to see if he really did forget. Apparently he is going to go grovel this weekend. Such bad kids we are.
I saw a really neat idea to create newsprint fingernails, and thought I'd give it a try. It was pretty easy, and turned out neat. I will have to take a picture and post to share.
Happy Canada's Day everyone! We are off to the fair and fireworks today. We will see how Mikey does at the fireworks. I am expecting it to not go well.

And your mother still talks to you?! haha. Sounds like fun at the festival. Hope the fireworks don't scare him. They are fun.
ReplyDeleteI made the executive decision to come home and skip the fireworks. Mikey was done at 8 and ready for bed. Since the fireworks don't start until 9:45, we called it quits. He is now sleeping peacefully while I relax.
ReplyDeleteHis little comfort move sounds adorable.
ReplyDeleteIt is cute. I was talking to my sister yesterday about it, and apparently my nephew does the exact same move.
ReplyDeleteHope the fireworks were awesome- we'll have ours tomorrow night (although I'm sure our girls will be asleep by then)
ReplyDelete