My first day at work went pretty good. It was chaos when I first arrived because it was orientation day for a bunch of other employees. Once I got through that mess and my boss came and got me, things went pretty smoothly.
My computer was delivered and set up. This is apparently a big deal.
I learned how to get from the front door to my desk, from my desk to the bathroom, and from my desk to the cafeteria. Excellent progress. I also met a lot of people in my department whose names I instantly forgot.
I am in training for the first few weeks, and am looking forward to learning all the systems and work. It should be fun. It was a very successful first day.
Congrats on surviving the first day. Where you always leave mentally exhausted and yet look forward to the next day. Am I right?
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely. I had another great day today, and am definitely looking forward to sleeping tonight.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on surviving the first couple of days. I always liked starting jobs, it's the continuing to go day after day for years that gets to me :)
ReplyDelete