Monday, August 9, 2010

Started my project

So all the stars aligned, and I was able to start my cross-stitch project with minimal cost. The chart I wanted was on sale for 25% off, and combined with the $5 gift certificate I got for creating an account, it only cost me $6.25!

Then I found a 40% off coupon in the paper for Michael's, and got a frame for $16. I had decided that I need a frame instead of just using a hoop. I have never been a fan of hoops.

And when I went to pick up my free chart from Stitcher's Place, she had the 25 count fabric I needed. And it only cost me $10.


So for around $30, I bought everything I needed to start my project. I don't have all the thread, obviously, but I do have about 5 colours that were in my stash. Including several skeins of black, which is the most used colour in the chart. I should be good for a while at least.

Since this will be such a big project, I actually prepared properly. No using tape around the edges and starting right away this time. I took the time to square up the edges, whip stitch all around the outside, and even basted the outline of the pages from the chart. Yes, pages, my chart is 36 pages long, when printed on regular paper, in a readable size. Oh my!


It took 2 evenings, but it is ready to go. Not easy getting it into the frame though.

If you look closely, you can just see the basting. I did it in light pink, so it doesn't stand out, but it is still visible.

Now to get started stitching. And maybe be done in ten years or so...

1 comment:

  1. Back when I cross-stitched, I used a frame, too, and I agree that it's much, much better than a hoop. Please show us pictures as you go along, so we can keep up with your progress!

    ReplyDelete