I'm a geek. I admit it. You just have to look at my list of favourite websites to know that. My original time wasting activity at work is wikiHow. It is a website that bills itself as "the how to manual that you can edit". I joined back in May 2008, and have been a faithful contributor every since. I have even become a volunteer administrator. Sounds fancy, but it really just means I can help out even more in the behind-the-scenes areas.
So I bring it up because not only do I love it and spend obscene amounts of time there, but I just reached an amazing milestone today. At least, I think it's amazing. I have patrolled over 50,000 edits! I know you're thinking gee, that's a big number, but what does it mean? Well, every edit that is made on the site is reviewed by someone else. They check that the edit helps improve the site, and either approve or revert it. It is a great opportunity to give feedback to other editors. And really satisifies my love of editting.
So I am very excited about it, and wonder if it will take another 2 years until I reach 100,000 edits patrolled. If you want to see for yourself, head over to my user page and check it out. If you're already an editor, or end up joining, leave me a message!
No comments:
Post a Comment