Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cuddle monkey

Reading blog entries from other blogs, I came across today's entry from one blog that relates to my sleeping through the night story. It is cuddling, and how you can't cuddle a baby too much. I totally agree with that.

My little monkey is a huge cuddler, and always has been. Our mornings usually start with a big hug when I first get him up, and then we cuddle and watch tv for the first little bit. He gets hugs and cuddles all day from daddy, and then more hugs and cuddles from me after I get home from work. When he gets mad, or upset, or hurts himself, hugs are needed. It seems like everything he does needs to be accompanied by a hug.

I have never really considered myself an overly affectionate person, but I love my monkey hugs, and I'm so glad he is a cuddler. I'm not sure how I would handle it if he didn't want hugs all the time. I'm sure I'd have driven him crazy by now, lol.

I just hope he remembers to give his mom a hug every once in a while when he's all grown up and it's no longer cool to show affection to your parents. Because otherwise I will need to embarrass him and drive him crazy by insisting on those hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment